Today's recipe is for Strawberry Cupcakes.
Both the buttercream and the cake are made with fresh strawberries, one of my favourite fruits.
yields 10-12 medium-sized cupcakes
- 130g flour
- ½ Tbs baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 77g butter (room temperature)
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 80mL milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 150g strawberries
- 125g butter (room temperature)
- 150g confectioners sugar
- 4 fresh strawberries
- Heat the oven at 170º (350ºF) and line the cupcake molds with paper liners.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Mix milk and vanilla extract in a glass.
- In a different bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add the egg.
- In three steps, add the flour mix and the milk into the butter (flour-milk-flour) and whisk until well blended.
- Chop the strawberries and add them to the mix, stirring with a spoon.
- Fill the cupcake liners up to ¾ capacity.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let the cupcakes cool down in a wire rack.
- Triturate strawberries into a fine puree.
- Whisk butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the strawberries puree one tablespoon at a time in order to control the texture and flavor of the buttercream.
- Put into a pastry bag and decorate the cupcakes.
with the recipe.
Hope you enjoy them!