Sorry about the delay, I know I should have uploaded sooner but, anyway, here it is.
Today I'm bringing a really delicious cheesy bun recipe. It's the first time that I make anything related with bread or fresh yeast and I must say that, although it is more difficult to do than cupcakes or cakes (hey, at least for me!) it is soooo worth it.
You should eat them hot to enjoy the melted cheese inside!
I got the recipe from
(in Spanish) and my only modification is that I had to leave off the garlic (not because I wanted to, I just did not have any at the moment).
Cheese and Oregano Buns
yields 10 small buns o 20 big ones
- 120ml lukewarm water
- 120ml lukewarm milk
- 20g fresh yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 50g butter (room Temperature)
- 50g olive oil
- 360g flour
- 2 tsp salt
- Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Variety of grated cheese
- 2 Tbs butter (melted)
- Dissolve the fresh yeast with the water and set aside.
- Form a volcano with the flour and pour in its center the yeast mix, milk, salt, sugar, olive oil and butter and knead until everything is incorporated. Form a ball with the dough and put it in a greased bowl (put some olive oil in it to prevent the dough from sticking into it) and cover with a wet cloth. Let it sit until it has doubled its volume and knead again in order to eliminate the air.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC (356ºF).
- Divide the dough in pieces (depending on how big you want the buns to be) and place a portion in your hand, stretching it. Put some mozzarella cheese in the center of it and unite the ends of it in order to seal it.
- Put the buns with the smooth part up and cover with grated cheese (I used emmental and mozzarella).
- Bake for 18 minutes approximately. Mix the melted butter with oregano and spread it on the buns once you take them out of the oven.
- Serve warm.
Here I uploaded the
wit the recipe, I hope you enjoy them!