Today's recipe is the one that my friends are always begging me to make. It's easy, delicious and always triumphs!
That's right, it's cheesecake!
Truth is that it's always a good moment for cheesecake, either as a dessert or for a mid-afternoon snack or, well, because it
cheesecake and you don't really need an excuse...
The recipe for cheesecake is pretty well known but this one is from a book called "Delicias al Horno" and after a few changes, here it is:
(for 9 mini cakes or a normal one)
- 70g butter
- 200g digestive cookies
- 400g cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 100g sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 50g sugar
- 2 Tbs water
- 250g frozen berries (previously thawed)
- Heat the oven at 190ºC (375ºF).
- Melt the butter in a pan or in the microwave.
- Crush the cookies. You can do it with a food processor (is way faster) or by putting the cookies in a plastic bag and crush them with a pestle, whatever you prefer.
- Pour the melted butter in a bowl with the crushed cookies and mix with a spoon until fully incorporated.
- Press the dough at the bottom of the cake mold or pan with the spoon in order to create a smooth base. For the small cake molds I used the bottom of a glass.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract and beat until fully blended. Pour the mix into the cake mold and bake for 20-30 minutes or until when inserting a toothpick, it comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down and put in the fridge for at least 6 hours until taking out the cake mold and serving.
Directions for the topping:
- Pour water and sugar into a pan and heat while stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add the berries (previously thawed) and cook while stirring until the liquid thickens.
- Once the berries are soft and can be crushed easily with a spoon, retire from heat.
- Triturate the berries and let them cool down.
- Sieve (optional, the topping will be thinner and without seeds).
- Pour a tablespoon of the topping over each mini cheesecake before serving.
So here it is, I really hope you do it because it is very easy and delicious!
with the recipe.