Today I want to start something new. During this summer, along with the traditional recipes, I will do a series of Summer Pies.
Seasonal fruit pies, perfect for a mid-afternoon snack or for dessert, coupled with a dollop of vanilla ice cream...
The difficult part will be letting them cool down!
I got the recipe from the blog
with some variations.
and Blueberry Pie
(cake pan of 28cm of diameter aprox.)
- 450g strawberries (clean and chopped)
- 125g blueberries
- 150g sugar
- 30g cornstarch
- The zest of half a lemon
- 30g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 pie crust (shortcrust pastry)
- Pre-heat the oven at 205ºC (400ºF).
- In order to prepare the cake pan, spread a thin layer of butter inside it and spread the pastry on it, pressing lightly with your fingers in order for it to be completely lined up with the shape of the pan. Cut the extra pastry with a knife. Cut long strings of the spare pastry (about half a centimeter of width) and braid them. Once you have a braid long enough to cover the perimeter of the mold, keep cutting strings and set aside.
- Mix the strawberries, blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and the lemon zest in a bowl.
- Pour the mix into the pan and spread.
- Cut the butter in cubes and place on top of the cake filling. Cover the filling with the strings of pastry that we did before, forming a grid.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and a tablespoon of water and, with a brush, paint the pastry of the pie (the perimeter and the central decoration).
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Let it completely cool before serving.
I hope you liked it, here's the
with the recipe.