Today I will show you a recipe that I have wanted to do for a while now.
Aren't they cute? I have seen them in Pinterest for some time now but those kind of ice cream cones aren't something that you come across easily here. So when I found them in the supermarket I was ecstatic. At last!
I must say that I have also seen the "Pinterest fails" that this recipe has brought to some bakers as well... I was afraid that this would be my fate too and, as a matter of fact, it was:
Oh, the horror! Normally, when I bake, I use the time when the cupcakes are in the oven to clean up the kitchen but with this recipe, all I could do was pace in front of the oven and hold my breath. Imagine my dismay when I saw that the batter was overflowing!!!
I'm not going to lie, I was pretty devastated. Most of them turned out to be like this:
However, when I tasted one, they were good so I decided to keep going.
And they turned out pretty great after all!
Vanilla Ice cream” Mini Cupcakes
yields 24 mini-cupcakes
- 24 ice mini ice cream cones
- 120g flour
- 140g sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 40g butter (room temperature)
- 120mL milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 40g chocolate chips
- 250g confectioner's sugar
- 80g butter (room temperature)
- 25mL milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven at 170ºC (338ºF).
- Distribute the ice cream cones on the oven tray. Put 3 or 4 chocolate chips at the bottom of the cones.
- Beat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter at low speed until the batter is even and slightly lumpy. Add half of the milk.
- Beat egg with the vanilla extract and milk and add to the flour mix. Whip everything up until the batter is homogeneous.
- Pour into the ice cream cones until ¾ of their capacity.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, testing them by inserting a toothpick inside.
- Let them cool down in a rack.
- Beat sugar and butter for some minutes until they are well blended.
- Mix milk and vanilla and add it to the sugar little by little.
- Whip up at maximum speed for 5 minutes until the frosting is fluffy and smooth.
- Put in a pastry bag and decorate the cupcakes.
- Decorate with the sprinkles.
The chocolate chips in the bottom melt in your mouth when you take a bite!
I hope my (sort of) fail don't discourage you to make them!
with the recipe.