Today's recipe, is, again, made with fresh summer fruit. And again from my cousin's orchard raspberries...
Whenever I buy berries, I end up eating them nearly on the spot. I have hundreds of possible recipes on my notebooks but the fruit is so deliciously tempting that I can't help it. I eat them all.
Except this time I had a really big bowl full of them and plenty of time to think about a yummy recipe.
As I said when I made those
, baking muffins had always been an unresolved issue for me. They never came out good, always too dense or too hard...
Raspberries and White Chocolate Muffins
yields 6 big muffins
- 105g flour
- 100g sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 ½ Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 60 ml milk
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 150g raspberries
- 50g chopped white chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven at 200ºC (400ºF).
- Mix the milk and lemon juice and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, with a manual beater, mix sugar, vegetable oil, egg and the milk for 30 seconds.
- With a spatula or a wooden spoon, stir the mix gently while pouring the flour mix. Do not over-stir it, since it is necessary for the batter to be lumpy.
- Add raspberries and white chocolate and stir gently.
- Fill the cupcake molds up to ¾ of their capacity.
- Bake for 25 minutes approximately.
And now, eat!