These amazing chocolate cookies are amazingly chewy, almost brownie-like, melting in your tongue at the first bite.
Seriously, you must try them!
Although the recipe calls for only chopped chocolate, I used a mix of chopped chocolate and chocolate chips. Also, it was supposed to yield 12 cookies but the balls of dough I made were unequal and, therefore, I got more than 25 of them.
Two-Chocolate Cookies from
The Hummingbird Bakery
yields 25 cookies
- 50g sugar
- 225g dark chocolate, chopped
- 225g chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 170g brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 85g flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pre heat the oven at 170ºC (338ºF).
- Melt the butter and the chopped chocolate in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add the previously melted chocolate and keep whipping up.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mix into the batter in three times, stirring well after every time.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until well distributed in the batter.
- Make little balls of dough with a tablespoon and place on a cookie sheet. Leave enough separation between them, bearing in mind that the cookies will expand while baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes approximately.
- Let them cool down for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving them into a cooling rack.
And that's it! They are really easy to do, and delicious!
with the recipe. Enjoy!