Today's cake was a special request from one of my co-workers in my previous job. She once did it herself and, when I asked what should I do next, this came to her mind.
It was meant to be, actually, having been talking about Ireland for days in our lunch break, and since she totally loves this special beer.
Although it was something I never thought about, I decided to give it a try. And the Guiness cake ended up being one of the moistest cakes I have ever made, with an intense flavor of chocolate, that melts in your mouth.
Have I convinced you yet?
This recipe is from "Mis deseos más dulces"'s blog, here's the
. I actually made only half of the recipe, and still got a 14cm cake and 10 mini cupcakes!
for a 14cm cake pan and 10 mini cupcakes
- 125ml “Guiness” beer
- 125g butter
- 38g powder cocoa
- 200g sugar
- 70ml heavy cream
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 125g flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- Heat the beer in a saucepan at medium heat, without letting it boil. When hot, add the butter and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC (356ºF).
- In a bowl, mix powder cocoa, flour and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg, vanilla extract and heavy cream until well blended and then add the beer. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients little by little, beating until having a smooth batter. Keep in mind that this batter is not as dense as a normal cake batter, it's completely normal.
- Pour the batter in a previously greased cake pan and in the mini cupcake molds (if you have batter to spare).
- Bake for 50 minutes approximately (test the cake with a toothpick). Attention! Mini cupcakes only need around 10-12 minutes to bake so put them in the oven when the cake has been there for 35-40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down before taking out of the cake pan.
- 150g cream cheese
- 75g confectioners sugar
- 180ml cold heavy cream
- Beat heavy cream and cream cheese until having a smooth dense cream.
- Add sugar without stopping beating.
Have a slice and close your eyes. Just allow you this, enjoy it!
Here's the recipe in a