Today's recipe is not a dessert (weird, I know). There's not a perfect timing for these Walnut and Brie Buns, however, I would say that you can eat them whenever you please!
One piece of advice, though. Eat them warm. The melted cheese inside is so good, and combined with the walnuts ends up being just perfect.
They are not difficult to do- I must say that it's only my second time attempting to do something like that- and although you need to have some patience, the results are definitely worth it.
Walnut and Brie Buns
yields 15-20 buns
- 120ml lukewarm water
- 120ml lukewarm milk
- 20g fresh yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 50g butter, cubed (room temperature)
- 50g olive oil
- 360g flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 100g brie cheese
- 100g chopped walnuts
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in the water.
- In a big bowl, mix flour, water with yeast, milk, sugar, butter, olive oil and salt. Knead until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl (just grease it with some olive oil) and cover it with a wet cloth. Let it sit for 1h and a half in order to double its size.
- Knead the dough in order to eliminate the air and add the chopped walnuts.
- Pre heat the oven at 180ºC (356ºF).
- Take portions of the dough, forming a rectangle of approximately 6cmx3cm and place it on a parchment paper covered tray. Put a piece of cheese at the center and cover with more dough, folding the edges tightly in order to seal the cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, depending on the size.
I hope you liked it, here's the pdf of the recipe:
Thank you for reading!