It's already strawberry season! In case you haven't noticed, I love strawberries. It doesn't matter if they are fresh, in a Strawberry and Cream Cake, in strawberry cupcakes, or in an amazing summer pie with some blueberries...
In this recipe, I used them fresh. These tartlets are very light, I brought them as a dessert for an amazing "fideuà" that my friend Andrea treated us to. They are perfect after a good meal, and ridiculously easy to prepare.
The lemon mousse can be prepared in about five minutes if you have some lemon curd already made. If not, quick,
Lemon Mousse and Strawberry Tartlets
yields 12 tartlets 6cm diameter
- 1 package of shortcrust pastry
- 200ml heavy cream
- 4-5 Tbs lemon curd
- 6 or 8 strawberries
- butter and flour to prepare the tins
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC (356ºF).
- Grease the tartlet tins with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Cut circles on the shortcrust pastry (about 1cm larger than the diameter of the tartlet tin) and line the tartlet tins with them.
- Prick them with a fork repeatedly so they do not rise when baking.
- Bake the tartlets for 15 minutes (until they start to turn golden).
- Take them off the oven and unmold, leaving them to cool down on a rack.
- Whip up the heavy cream until peaks form. Add 4 or 5 tablespoons of lemon curd (depending on your preference) and stir gently, with soft movements.
- Put a tablespoon of the mousse inside each tartlet and top it with ¼ tsp of lemon curd (optional).
- Slice the strawberries and decorate.
They are done in record time! And they are so fresh and airy!
I hope you enjoy them! Here's the pdf for the recipe: