Here I come, again, with another strawberry recipe. I know, I know, I just can't help it! I always have strawberries at home now and it's difficult for me to resist them!
This one is very, very easy. I made it into four cakes, so I could give them away, but it can also be made into one.
As you can see, its interior is really moist. Super moist, I would say. I used clementine juice instead of lemon (which is what would normally be used in these cases) and I think it gave it a great touch.
yields four 6x12cm cakes
- 350g fresh strawberries
- 160g sugar
- 190g flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 120ml mild olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs clementine juice
- 130g sugar
- 30g flour
- 60g butter
- Line the cake pans with parchment paper.
- Pre heat the oven at 175ºC (350ºF).
- Triturate 175g of strawberries with a tablespoon of sugar. Do not puree them, there should be chunks of strawberries.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk sugar, olive oil, eggs, vanilla and clementine juice (lemon juice or orange juice can also be used instead). Add the triturated strawberries.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones manually. Stir gently so you do not overmix them.
- Cut the rest of the strawberries into small pieces and mix with 1 tablespoon of flour. Add them to the batter.
- Fill the cake pans with the batter up until 1/3 of their capacity.
- Crumble: mix sugar, flour and butter in a bowl with a fork. Put 1 or 2 spoonfuls of the mix on each cake pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, check that it is completely cooked by inserting a toothpick.
I hope you liked this one! Feel free to download the pdf version of the recipe here: