Today's recipe is, once again, made with strawberries. By now you must know how much I love them. Its flavor, the slightly tartness of it, and the fact that you can combine them with pretty much anything make them, in my opinion, a great fruit.
This one is a combination that I had not used before. I only have used Mascarpone Cheese to make tiramisu. But you seriously need to try this. The sweetness of the baked strawberries, the flakiness of the homemade puff pastry and the cheese combine perfectly well.
Can you see the layers of the puff pastry? If you have time,
, it's worth it!
Mascarpone and Strawberry Braid
2 braids of 20cm
- 250g puff pastry
- 115g mascarpone cheese
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs heavy cream
- 10 medium sized strawberries
For the egg wash you will need 1 egg and 2 Tbs of mik.
- Divide the puff pastry into two 20cm long rectangles.
- Make 1cm cuts in each lateral, leaving 5cm in the centre.
- Beat mascarpone, sugar and heavy cream until smooth and spread in the centre of each rectangle.
- Cut the strawberries into quarts and place them on the mascarpone cream.
- Join the cuts in the centre diagonally, putting some pressure in the centre so the braid does not open mid-baking.
- Cover with a cloth and let it sit for 2 hours (if the puff pastry is store bought, check the directions).
- Beat the egg and milk and paint the braid.
- Bake at 190º (375ºF) for 30 minutes (up until the braids are golden).
I hope you liked them! Here's the pdf with the recipe: