Today's recipe will teach you how to do waffles. Delicious, crunchy and golden waffles.
You'll probably already have all the ingredients home. And you can pair them up with some homemade jam, such as the rhubarb and strawberry one that I posted some time ago.
You can also eat them with some whipped cream or melted chocolate. And, the best of all, you can freeze the ones you don't eat. Just put them in a plastic bag and heat them up a bit in the waffle maker or the toaster before eating them.
Ingredients (yields 12 waffles)
- 210g flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (separate yolks and whites)
- 420ml milk
- 120ml mild olive oil
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat egg yolks, milk and oil. Mix wet ingredients with dry ones and stir until everything is well incorporated and there aren't any lumps in the batter.
- Whip the whites up until stiff.
- Fold the whites into the batter gently. Use a spatula and round movements to avoid deflating the whites.
- When the waffle maker is hot, pour two tablespoons of batter and cook for 4-5 minutes.
It's really that easy! And remember, you can freeze them for future uses.