Today's recipe is an alternative for the store bought candy. ¿Making candy at home? Yes, and it's not as difficult as you may expect. And I promise, the title of this post doesn't lie... you'll only need three ingredients in order to make this marshmallows!
Berry pulp, sugar and gelatine. That's all you need. No artificial coloring (I promise that color is completely natural) nor preservatives, and definitely not any of those ingredients with so many letters and numbers.
Plus -and bear in mind that this comes from someone who is NOT a fan of marshmallows- they taste amazing! They melt in your mouth, so delicious!
- 28g gelatin sheets
- 300g + 70g berry pulp
- 175g + 150g sugar
- In a medium bowl, put the gelatin sheets in cold water and set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat 300g of berry pulp along with 175g of sugar at low heat up until reaching 105ºC (221ºF).
- When it reaches the desired temperature, add the drained gelatin sheets. Stir well.
- Remove from fire and add the rest of the berry pulp and sugar. Stir well.
- With a mixer, whip the mixture up until it has cooled down and looks fluffy and its color has softened quite a lot.
- Paint a parchment paper with some vegetal oil and pour the mixture on it. Cover with another parchment paper and, with a rolling pin, extend until having a 1cm thickness.
- Set aside for 1-2 hours. Cut into squares and coat them in confectioners sugar.
And that's all! Pretty neat, right? You can do marshmallows home, no oven needed, not very time consuming and, obviously, a better alternative than the store bought ones.
I hope you enjoyed this one,