Today's recipe is SUPER easy. Just five ingredients, 25 minutes and you will have some amazing apple and brie pastries.
Plus, you can have them just minutes after taking them out of the oven. Eat them warm, when the brie is melting and delicious. My mouth waters just thinking about them...
I made them round but you can make them in any shape you want; triangles, squares or even like croissants.
Apple and Brie Pastries
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 apple
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 50g brie cheese
- 1 egg + water (egg wash)
- Cut the puff pastry into 10 circles. Put 5 circles on a baking tray covered in parchment paper.
- Peel, core and slice the apple into thin slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut the brie into 5 pieces
- Place two slices of apple on top of the puff pastry circles, put a piece of brie cheese and top it with two slices of apple.
- Cover each one with another puff pastry circle. Seal the edges with a fork, cut three lines on top.
- Paint with egg wash and sprinkle a bit of brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden at 200ºC (400ºF).
Isn't it easy?