After more than two weeks without posting, I'm back! This trip has been amazing and I come back with my batteries fully charged and with lots of projects! The first one, is the surprise I bring today; as you can see, there is a new tab called "THE NOTEBOOK" on top of the page. If you click on it, it will show you my collection of recipes, catalogued by types: cakes, pies, cookies, cupcakes, macarons, tartlets, etc.
This way it will be way easier to access to all my recipes, and you will quickly find what you are looking for.
But let's start with today's recipe, which are these amazing mango meringue tartlets. This tartlets are super sweet and fresh at the same time, the perfect dessert after a spicy meal!
You will see that there are a few steps to follow but don't be afraid: they are worth the extra work.
Mango Meringue Tartlets
Ingredients (Mango curd tartlets):
- 1 pie crust recipe
- 2 medium mangoes
- 100g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 60g butter (cubed)
- 4 egg whites
- 240g sugar
- For the curd: Peel, cut and puree the mangoes along with sugar and salt. Add the egg yolks and puree again for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture in order to eliminate pulp.
- In a double boiler, heat the mixture up until reaching 75ºC (170ºF). It will take 8-10 minutes approximately.
- Take off the fire and add the butter, piece by piece, while stirring with a whisk.
- Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- For the meringue: in a double boiler, heat up the egg whites with the sugar, stirring up until the sugar has dissolved. Beat at high speed up until the meringue is white and glossy.
- Once we have the baked tartlet shells, pour a spoonful of curd into each one of them and top with the meringue with a pastry bag.
- Heat up the oven grill (or use a culinary torch) in order to golden the tops of the meringue.
- Keep refrigerated up until the moment of serving.
I hope you liked them! See you next week :)