Aren't they the prettiest? I can guarantee that you will be addicted to this bite-sized jewels. You can munch on them absentmindedly all afternoon until they are almost gone!
You can also use them as decorations for cakes and cupcakes.
- 4 egg whites
- 240g sugar
- blue gel food coloring
- cotton candy flavor
- In a double boiler, heat up the egg whites with the sugar, stirring up until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cotton candy flavor (just some drops of it).
- Beat at high speed up until the meringue is white and glossy.
- Add the food coloring, mixing with a spatula gently so not to deflate the meringue. You can add it little by little in order to have different blue hues.
- With a pastry bag, pipe little meringues on a parchment paper covered oven tray.
- Bake at 120ºC (248ºF) for an hour approximately.
That's it! Hope you enjoy them!