You will probably be thinking that I may have lost my mind. I don't know about where you live, but right now it's pouring rain here in Barcelona. However, last week we were blessed with high temperatures and an amazing sun so I thought, that's the perfect time to try and do some popsicles!
And so I did... Of course, the weather had to change immediately and now we have overcast skies and puddles in the street. Oh well, one can dream!
So if you, like myself, are waiting impatiently for the warmer weather, please keep reading. In order to create the illusion of Summer, make these incredibly fresh popsicles and wait patiently for the next ray of sun to peek out...
Green Tea Pink Lemonade Popsicles
- 1l of water
- 4 green tea bags
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs currant syrup
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- 1 branch of spearmint
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil and add the spearmint leaves and tea bags. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour the water into a jar and add the lemon juice and brown sugar. Stir.
- Once the water has cooled down, take out the tea bags and the spearmint leaves.
- Add the currant syrup.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds, leaving 1cm off the border.
- Put in the freezer overnight.
- To easily unmold the popsicles, put the molds under hot water for 20 seconds.
And that's it. So easy. Now we only need more sun!