Today's recipe is a French classic. Madeleines, which are very classy muffins, in the shape of a seashell. The ones that I did are made with honey and orange and they are delicious!
As you can see, you will need a special mold. I must say, though, that used some leftover batter with a couple of cupcake molds and they turned out ok as well.
Honey Orange Madeleines
- 75g butter
- 2 eggs
- 70g sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 80g flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- Melt the butter and let it cool down. Set aside 1 Tbs to grease the baking tin.
- Beat eggs, honey and sugar at medium speed until they have tripled their volume. Add orange zest.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet gently, so the batter doesn't deflate.
- Pour a Tbs of the batter into the melted butter. Stir well and add this mixture to the batter in three times, gently stirring until well incorporated. Keep the batter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, covered with wrap.
- Grease the baking tin with a mixture made by butter and flour.
- Pour the batter into the tin, leaving 3 mm of space.
- Bake at 190ºC (375ºF) for 11-13 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Unmold when cold.
So this is it, I hope you enjoyed them!