Today's recipe is extremely easy. Only three ingredients, I swear. Plus, you can do it in more or less half an hour, so it's perfect if you are in a hurry!
These Pistachio Palmiers are perfect for a snack mid afternoon. Or to enjoy a cup of coffee after lunch, with your guests. If you don't like pistachios, you can use any other nuts; walnuts, hazelnuts or almonds.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 200g pistachios
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven at 190ºC(375ºF).
- Crush the pistachios.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cover it with pistachios and two tablespoons of brown sugar, both sides of it.
- Fold it from the sides towards the centre by folding it three times from each side.
- With a sharp knife, cut pieces of half a centimeter wide and put them on a parchment paper covered oven tray. Leave two centimeters between each palmier.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 15/20 minutes, turning over the palmiers mid baking so they will brown from both sides.
That's it! Wasn't it easy?