Today's post is breakfast-themed. Or mid afternoon snack, whatever you prefer. Today's post is about treating yourself without too much work involved. These Blueberry Cream Cheese Braids do not require too many ingredients, they take little preparation time and the results are delicious. I wish everything was as easy as that!
As you can see, they didn't turn out picture perfect. I made them in a hurry, just before heading out for a long weekend with my friends, and while I was doing a million things. But they were delicious anyway.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Braid
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 125g blueberries
- 120g cream cheese
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 beaten egg
- Pre-heat the oven at 190º (375ºF).
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut it in three equal parts. Leaving a 5cm central strip, make horizontal cuts of approximately 1cm width.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract, stirring up until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the mix into three parts and spread it on each piece of puff pastry, on the centre of them.
- Clean the blueberries and put them on the filling.
- Braid the puff pastry, pressing on the centre to avoid unbraiding when baking.
- Paint the pastries with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes, up until slightly golden.
- Let them cool down before serving.
That's all! Super easy, and you can use any fruit that you want...