These coconut white chocolate cookies are very sweet. You can balance its sweetness with some salt flakes, if you want. The flavor will be definitely maximized, and its a nice touch, I promise.
These cookies will keep well for a few days, just put them in an air sealed container and will go for days... If you do not eat them all before, that is!
Coconut White Chocolate Cookies
- 170g butter (room temperature)
- 150g brown sugar
- 50g sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 70g shredded coconut
- In a big bowl, mix butter with both sugars until white and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix up until well incorporated.
- Mix flour with baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mix little by little, until well incorporated.
- Add white chocolate chips and coconut and stir well. Cover the dough with wrap paper and put in the fridge for a minimum of two hours.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC(356ºF). Cover two oven trays with parchment paper.
- With an ice-cream scoop, make little balls of dough and put them on the tray, leaving 5cm between them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, up until they start to get slightly golden on the sides. Let them cool down.
That's it! You can download the recipe clicking the template :)