This week's recipe is great as a party favor. Birthday parties, first Communion celebrations, or whatever comes to your mind.
Plus, if you have kids, they can definitely help out; they will love to choose the colors themselves, and decorate with sugar sprinkles all over.
- 360 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 240g butter, softened
- 200g sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- Beat butter and sugar up until creamy and white. Add the egg and beat up until completely incorporated. Add vanilla extract.
- Add the flour to the mix, three tablespoons at a time.. Keep mixing until all the flour is incorporated and the dough looks smooth and without crumbs.
- Cover the dough in wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 176ºC (350ºF) while rolling out the dough and cutting the cookies. Put in the freezer for two minutes before baking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness. Take the cookies out of the oven when slightly golden.
Ingredients Royal Icing:
- 400 g confectioners sugar
- 5 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs meringue powder
- food coloring
- sugar sprinkles
- To make the royal icing: mix sugar, water and meringue powder up until smooth. Add the desired food coloring. Decorate.
I hope you liked it!