Cookies, again! And there are more to come... These cookies are made with a base recipe that is completely foolproof. You just have to change the star ingredient in order to get a totally different cookie! You can do my coconut white chocolate cookies or today's flavor, butterscotch fudge!
Granted, they may sound complicated. But they are not! I promise! You just have to go to your nearest candy shop and buy 200g of butterscotch fudge caramels. Or any other flavor that you fancy.
Butterscotch Fudge Cookies
- 170g butter (room temperature)
- 150g brown sugar
- 50g sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g butterscotch fudge caramels
- 250g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sea salt flakes
- In a big bowl, mix butter with both sugars until white and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix up until well incorporated.
- Cut up the butterscotch fudge caramels into small pieces.
- Mix flour with baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mix little by little, until well incorporated.
- Add the caramels and stir well. Cover the dough with wrap paper and put in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC(356ºF). Cover two oven trays with parchment paper.
- With an ice-cream scoop, make little balls of dough and put them on the tray, leaving 5cm between them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, up until they start to get slightly golden on the sides. Put a bit of sea salt flakes mid baking on each cookie. Let them cool down.
I hope you like them!