Again, I bring you an ice cream recipe...and summer is almost gone, I know! However, I am one of those people who firmly believe that you can eat ice cream anytime. Right? Even more so if you make it yourself!
Moreover, you won't need to buy any fancy molds, or anything like that. Just take any little jar, bowl or glass and pour it there.
It's easy and it will take very little time to make. Plus, you won't need an ice cream maker. What else could you ask for to a homemade ice cream recipe?
Homemade "Cookies and Cream" ice cream
- 110g milk
- 90g de cream (liquid)
- 1 Bourbon vanilla bean
- 4 egg yolks
- 60g sugar
- 8g instagel
- 250g partially whipped cream
- 200g crushed Oreo cookies
- Cut open the vanilla bean and scrape off the seeds.
- In a medium sized pot, mix the milk with the cream and the vanilla seeds. Heat up until tit boils and set aside.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar and stir until well incorporated.
- Heat the mixture up while stirring, until it reaches 85ºC(185ºF). Remove from heat and emulsify with a hand blender until smooth..
- Add instagel and blend again. Let it cool down.
- Control the temperature with the thermometer and when it reaches 33- 34ºC(91- 93ºF), add the partially whipped cream and stir gently. Pour into the bowls and add the crushed cookies.
- Freeze for 24h.
Thank you for reading!