Today's recipe is super healthy. You can have this amazing cranberry and pear homemade granola on your breakfast, or as a snack anytime. In winter, it's great with some hot milk, and during the summer you can have it with some yoghurt.
The only sugar in this granola comes from the natural fructose of the fruits and the honey. The ingredients will be as healthy as you want them to be, and you will taste the pears and cranberries in every spoonful.
If you are worried about the amount of sugars and palm oil that store bought cereal contains, this is your solution. You can decide how much honey to add, or if you want anything else on it. As you can see, preparing this granola will not take you more than 5 minutes, and the rest of the work will be on the oven's side. You will have a healthy breakfast for many days, really easy and cheap.
CRANBERRY AND PEAR HOMEMADE GRANOLA
- 400g oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150g mixed nuts
- 3 Tbs dehydrated pear, chopped
- 1 Tbs dehydrated cranberries, chopped
- 3 Tbs shredded coconut
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml mild olive oil
- 60ml honey
- Heat the oven at 150ºC(350ºF).
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, so everything is well incorporated.
- In an oven tray, covered with parchment paper, pour the mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
That's it, super easy, cheap and healthy! What else can you ask for?