Today's recipe is a great one. Easy too. And, of course, delicious. It's made with speculoos spread, which is great by itself (a spoonful every once in a while can't hurt, right? Right???) but it's frankly amazing in these cookies.
They are soo good. Chewy in the middle and crispy on the outside, just how I like them. I brought them to class, so my classmates could taste them and to avoid the temptation at home. I mean, I would have devoured them in one sitting, my self restraint is efficient like that.
The drizzle on top is just great. The cinnamon and speculoos spread mix gives the cookies an extra spiced flavor. And you won't be able to wait for it to dry!
Speculoos and Chocolate Cookies
- 115g speculoos spread
- 115g butter
- 100g sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 155g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp speculoos spread
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven at 190ºC (375ºF).
- Mix speculoos spread with butter. Lighly beat, add sugars and egg and beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Make balls with the dough and place on a baking tray covered in parchment paper.
- Be careful to leave 5cm between each cookie, since they will expand in the oven.
- Bake cookies about 8-9 minutes. Let them cool down on a rack.
- Melt the speculoos spread with the cinnamon in the microwave for 5 seconds.
- Mix well and drizzle on the cookies with a spoon.
I hope you like them! Have you ever tried speculoos spread?