Today is a day for changes! I have been testing some new layouts for the blog in the last few days and I can finally show you the results. I decided to give more importance to the images, which I think they deserve, and make the blog more visual. Do you like it?
For the launch of this new look, I've chosen to show you this Lemon Meringue Pies recipe. It's a classic, indispensable in patisserie, don't you think? These mini lemon pies are so sweet, and delicious. Plus, they are so pretty, aren't they?
To bake these Lemon Meringue Pies can be a little time consuming, but they are an amazing dessert for any dinner or lunch. I served them one afternoon we had guests at home and they were a complete success!
Lemon Meringue Pies
- 420g condensed milk
- 150g lemon juice
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 lime zest
- 200g crackers
- 150g butter (softened)
- 100g sugar
- 50g flour
- 30g water
- 180g egg whites (6)
- 180g sugar
- Prepare the crust: crush the crackers, mix with the butter, sugar and flour. Knead by hand, add water little by little.
- Spread it between two parchment papers and freeze.
- Prepare filling: beat yolks and condensed milk. Add lime zest and lemon juice.
- Grease the molds with butter. Pre heat oven at 180ºC.
- Line the molds with the crust, first the walls then the base.
- Bake the tarts without filling for 8 minutes. Take them off the oven.
- Fill the crusts with the lemon cream and bake at 170º for 8 minutes.
- Unmold and let them cool down.
- Prepare meringue: beat the egg whites to a firm peak, add sugar in three times, keep beating until shiny.
- Put meringue into a piping bag and decorate tarts.
- With a kitchen blowtorch (or in the oven), lightly golden the meringue.
What do you think? Beatiful, aren't they?