Are you craving a different ice-cream? Do you want to make your own ice-cream but don't own an ice-cream machine? Do not worry, here comes the solution!
These ice-cream bars are made with milk infused with a delicious chai mix, sweet and spiced. This, combined with the thin layer of milk chocolate that covers it, makes for a delicious dessert after a summer meal, or for a night treat before bed.
If you don't have chai mix, you can infuse it with your favorite blends. Or you may try some of the other ice-cream recipes that I already published on the blog: vanilla and caramel ice-cream bars, the homemade cookies and cream ice-cream, double chocolate "magnum" ice cream bars and homemade vanilla and caramelized Macadamia nuts "Magnums".
Chai Latte Ice Cream Bars
- 110g milk
- 12g chai mix
- 90g heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 60g sugar
- 8g instagel
- 250g heavy cream, partially whipped
- 300g milk chocolate couverture
- 100g cocoa butter
- Heat the milk with the chai mix until it boils. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Strain the mixture and add the cream to the milk. Heat up lightly.
- Move away from heat, add egg yolks and sugar and mix well.
- Heat up until 85ºC (185ºF). Remove from heat and emulsify with a hand blender.
- Add instagel and emulsify again with the hand blender.
- Cool the mixture down until it reaches 33-34ºC (91-93ºF). Add the partially whipped cream gently.
- Pour into moulds and freeze for 24 hours.
- Chocolate coating: melt chocolate couverture and cocoa butter separately and mix.
- Dip the ice cream bars into the coating, let them dry off and enjoy!
I hope you liked it!