I know, well into April, it's a little bit late for tangerines...
However, this recipe is very fresh, great for breakfast with a cup of tea. Plus, you can swipe tangerine for any citric you like; lemon, lime, grapefruit...
It also has a very simple glaze, made of sugar and tangerine juice, that brings this tangerine cake to perfection. What are you waiting for to try it out?
- 1 tangerine zest
- 2 eggs
- 175g sugar
- 75g cream
- 140g flour
- 3g baking powder
- 50g butter, melted
- 40g tangerine juice
- 100g confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven at 160ºC.
- Line molds with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs with sugar and cream. Do not overbeat so you do not incorporate too much air. This would result into a dry cake.
- Sift flour and baking powder, add the melted butter and the tangerine zest.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Prepare the glaze: mix well until well incorporated.
- Glaze the cake and put in the oven for 30 seconds at 180ºC.
What do you think? As you can see, it's a pretty basic cake, and it will be ready in just a few minutes.